Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Wednesday, April 18th

Last night Annie didn't sleep much. Don't know if we didn't shake up her medicine enough or what, but at about 1:30 AM, she yelled from her bedroom. Couple things---one, at 1:30 AM, she's usually asleep. And two, up until about 1:30 AM last night, she hadn't yelled yet. So I rouse from a dead sleep, leap over our bed into the her room in one and a half steps, and look at her. She's not doing anything remarkable, except lying there wondering why I'm hyperventilating. I stuff my heart back into my throat and go back to bed. Couple minutes later she starts making more sounds that are new. By this time, I'm starting to get that she's not in pain, just trying out some new noises she thought up because someone was praying that she could talk again, and this must be the warm-up. This went on pretty much the whole night, until about 5:30 AM, when I woke Bill up and told him he could sit and listen to her for awhile, so I could pretend to sleep for another hour. So I want to know which one of you were praying for Annie to talk last night????

More progress--for PT Debbie, she used her right hand (which if you recall, she hasn't used much at all) to activate the sound on a toy 3 or 4 times. And, this afternoon when I stood her up facing me to practice her standing, she began taking steps around me--initiating walking herself.

We saw her pediatrician yesterday--Annie's gained 4 lbs. in a month. The doctor is going to check with the nutritionist about maybe dropping her caloric intake, but she's always been such a string bean, she probably needs a little extra heft for all the work she's doing in her PT & OT times. (I could use a chiropractor myself, but Advil will have to do for now.)

Tomorrow we go to Children's neuro clinic for a check up.

Jean

PS Pray that she practices her new sounds during the day.

O LORD, you are my God;
I will exalt you and praise your name,
for in perfect faithfulness
you have done marvelous things,
things planned long ago. Isaiah 25:1

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

Sorry, Jean, you're not going to stop me from praying for Annie to speak! :) However, how about if I ask God for her to do it in the daytime?

love,
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

I am cracking up laughing at Annie's timing and rejoicing in her yelling. Hey you DID ask us to pray for her to speak! :) Now I suppose you are going to want us to be more specific about the TIME??? :) And how wonderful that she is not only taking steps, but initiated it on her own! That's some little "fighter" you have there packaged in "princess" gear! You have my prayers always.

Anonymous said...

We've all been praying for her to speak, Jean.

May she soon talk your ears off... during daylight hours.

Anonymous said...

I thought about this and figure that God must use "GMT" http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/ since there is no universal "Daytime" for "The World".

good for Annie -
Uncle Dan
wannabe engineer