Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The news for today

We're drying out here after 7 straight days of measurable rain. Last night the highs were in the 40's & 50's--what a difference from a week or so ago when the thermometer topped 100.

Three of my kids are at Black Lake Camp this week, and the others are all working, so it's strangely quiet. If I cleaned a bathroom this week, it would probably stay clean for a day or two. That's IF I would.

Yesterday, I took Annie for a walk, then she spent some time riding on her trike and swinging on her new swing. PT Debbie came by and helped Annie practice her standing and walking. Her balance is coming along nicely--she stood in front of the living room chair for about 5 minutes with no help from Debbie to regain her balance. She also played with some "duplo" style blocks--a little Disney castle with princesses. She grabbed the princesses off of the castle repeatedly with her left (stronger) hand. She also sipped about 20 or 30 ml.'s of milk out of her syringe, and about 60 ml.'s of water through the day. Annie also smiled more yesterday--kind of like a half smile--and was more expressive than ever before.

Today OT Beth & speech therapist BJ will come by for a visit. And maybe I'll clean a bathroom or two.

Jean


I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:3-6

8 comments:

Gretchen said...

Hi Guys,

Sounds like Annie continues to improve in amazing ways! I'm delighted about the swallowing/sipping and the smiling, being a former speech therapist. :) But, it's ALL good.

xxxooogretchen

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Gotta love those updates! They are so encouraging. I'll keep praying.
Love,
Terri Whitman

Anonymous said...

(((ANNIE)))

XXXOOOXXX

uncle jeff

Tracey said...

May God bless your bathroom cleaning
may He bless the quiet in your house
may He fill the empty with Himself
may He fill your ears with 'Daughter' instead of 'Mom!'


Love you --

Anonymous said...

Excuse This House

Author: Unknown

Some houses try to hide the fact
That children shelter there,
Ours boasts it quite openly,
The signs are everywhere.

For smears are on the windows,
Little smudges, on the doors
I should apologize, I guess
For toys strew on the floor.

But I sat down with my daughter
And we played and laughed and read
And if the doorbell doesn’t shine alot,
Her eyes will shine instead.

For when at times I’m forced to choose
The one job or the other,
I’d like to cook and clean and scrub,
But first I’ll be a mother.

Anonymous said...

Right on, Rebecca! May the smudges stay smudged!!

Let the light in the eyes of a child shine when her mother puts down the cleaning rag!

Jean Sullivan said...

I must be a real good mom then, cuz I still haven't gotten around to cleaning the bathrooms. I thought my standards were pretty low, but I guess they probably need to come down even more, eh?

:)Jean

Anonymous said...

There's a song that goes something like
"Shine, Jean, Shine
let the dust polish
clean those tables
Shine, Jean, Shine
may your bathrooms be clean....

Shine, Jean, Shine
just put down that old cleaning ra-ag
Shine, Jean, Shine
all that cleaning can wait!"

(Now, just try to get THAT tune out of your head!)

Your standards aren't low; your priorities are in order! And Annie and all the rest of your kids know it.

Love you --