Monday, November 26, 2007

Class, take out your blue exam books....

Annie is the star test taker as we all know. Since arriving for her current SCH stay, she has volunteered liver enzyme numbers, blood pressure numbers (by the hour); and gastro contents for inspection.
We're upgraded to the "Medically Complex Unit" - sounds like one of those concierge floors where you get free hors d'oeuvres and cocktails between 7 & 9.
Well, it's not.
But you do get frequent visitors throughout the night who will proctor another test for you.
Will she have a longer EEG so the doc's can zero in on the head drop activity? Will she reveal the reason for her tummy upset? Is there a connection between the liver numbers and Lamictal? or is it the Hydro? Maybe it's the tube fude.

Thank you all for pitching in to cover the other kind of food for the other Sullivan's! You guys are awesome!

Aunt Rebecca here checking in with your morning update...

Prayer requests of the moment:
Health and strength-restoring rest for Jean.
Complete healing for Annie so that her outings can be to more fun places than the hospital.
Brilliant and gifted insight by the entire medical team who are laboring so faithfully to bring answers and healing to Annie.
Rest for Jean.
No more barfing.
Sparkly eyes.
Strength - and did I say REST? - for Jean :-)

Psalm 116:5-9
Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; Yes, our God is merciful.
The Lord preserves the simple; I was brought low, and He saved me.
Return to your rest, O my soul, for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.
For You have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.
I will walk before the Lord in the land of the living.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....sounds like she's been admitted. I've just gone over the last several days entries. I laughed out loud to hear that she smiled and then responded verbally to you! Hurray for new hope in her eyes!

I hope the SCH stay is short and there are brilliant discoveries made to ease her throwing up...and head-drops.

love,
and prayer,
Beth
(Hillerstrom)

Anonymous said...

Strength
rest
health
rest
wisdom
rest
peace
rest
no more barfing
rest
sparkly eyes
rest
healing
healing
healing
healing
healing
healing
rest

Gretchen said...

Thanks for the update, Rebecca. Praying...

especially for healing and rest.

Hugs all around. Please let Jean know that I'm here if she needs a meal, a pick up for one of the kid or any errands. xxxooogretchen

Anonymous said...

Bless you all for your prayers. And bless you even more for the love that's behind them. You make me weepy. I said 'here' but I'm not, actually. Still in Oklahoma...it's only the internet that makes it seem otherwise. How did we get along before Al Gore?
love you all -

Anonymous said...

Whew, what a roller coaster you are on. My prayers are with Annie and all of you.

Sue Powell

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, the internet helps bring us closer in times like these -- please feel our hugs all the way in OK.

Let me know if I can throw a meal together, or clean the house, or take the kids out, or...

Love, prayers, peacejoyrest,
HEALING FOR ANNIE,

Tracey

Anonymous said...

Still my prayers continue
and all I am
and all I can be
is persistent as the widow
with no knowledge of the future
vague vision of the past
and a prayer for now
whenever that is, and always.
Now.
And Lord we will continue
24/7
whether organized or not
a concert of prayer
whether gathered or removed by miles
directed, via proxy, by Annie
prayed out at full volume
bass rumbling from the depths of the sea
soprano aloft on the winds
tenor and alto
filling in mountains and prairies.

And the Conductor?
He who has written it all.
The Author and Finisher of the Piece.
The Composer of the Messiah.

He
who can do anything.
All we ask today Lord
is that you heal our Annie.

-T