Sunday, December 2, 2007

Update

Before I trade places with Bill, I thought I'd give you a quick update. Annie had a barium GI study done to see why she keeps upchucking. The doc said her tummy has a spasm in it--and they're not sure what is causing it. There's a possibility that it could be a result of the brain injury. The doc said they could reposition her g-tube so that her food intake completely sidesteps that spasm. More surgery? Yuck. Also, Annie will have a CT scan on her brain tomorrow to see if there's swelling on her brain that is causing the seizures.

Please pray that God would show us and the doctors what to tests to do and what tests not to do; what medicine to give and what medicine not to give. And for Annie's and our other kid's comfort and peace.

Thanks,

Jean

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will guide you with My eye. Psalm 32:8

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates Jean. Whew... I am so sorry to hear of the continued struggles for Annie and all of you. I am praying!

Sue Powell

Tracey said...

Praying, praying, praying.
Persistently
shamelessly

Wisdom, guidance, knowledge
Strength, peace, rest

Healing.

uncle jeff said...

Lord,

Please, guide the doctors' hands and minds as they continue the process of diagnosis/treatment.

thank you for loving us,,,

thank you for caring for our infirmities,,,

thank you for loving us just exactly the way you do,,,

thank you, and forgive me for screwing-up when i do,,,

please, hear this prayer through Your Son's perfected glory,,,

I'm here at Your throne asking that these things be heard and answered,,,

thanks,,,

amen

Gretchen said...

Jean, my kids are asking about Annie daily and praying. Of course, me too, me too. You're not alone. xxxooogretchen

Gretchen said...

Jean, my kids are asking about Annie daily and praying. Of course, me too, me too. You're not alone. xxxooogretchen

Gretchen said...

Sorry for the double comment; apparently the Spirit was REALLY moving me to post! :)

Anonymous said...

I am praying for exactly those things. Please pray for wisdom and God's will for us. My mom is at Harborview.
Love you guys more than you know,
Terri Whitman

Anonymous said...

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God—what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Father God - I pray Your Word over Annie - renew Annie's mind, transforming her so that she may discern Your will - good, acceptable and perfect. In the name of her Healer and Savior, Jesus of Nazareth.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jean
our thoughts are with you, and we're sending you hugs and good wishes for Annie to feel better soon. We'll be looking forward to seeing your smiling faces soon!
janine