Monday, February 18, 2008

Going on a bike ride

Today the sun is shining, the windows are open, the germs are floating outside, and Annie took a ride on her bike for the first time this spring. I think the last time she was on her bike was sometime in October, or the last time the thermometer topped 50 degrees, I forget which. After I put her on the seat and strapped her tummy belt on, she kept pushing her left foot off the pedal as if to say, "Let's get this thing moving!" Last year we'd have to coax her to pedal, but today she pushed both pedals with strength and consistency--a marked improvement. The icing on the cake were her smiles while she was riding--totally different expression than last year.

Her cold is pretty much gone and has passed on to brother Jack. One more germ to go and hopefully we'll be done for this year. Yeah, right. I finally got her on an antibiotic a few days ago--I know, bad thing. But she's better and I'm happy about that. Thank you for your prayers--God is healing her. (Now we can pray for Jack!)

Going back to the whole Valentine's Day subject, I was thinking yesterday about how much I appreciate Bill. He got home Saturday after a 5-day building construction trade show in Orlando, and boy was I happy to see him again. The kids were all very helpful through the week, and God took care of us well. But Bill is Jesus with skin on--the anchor at the Sullivan house. My ability to adjust to our new reality this year is directly related to Bill's selfless and sacrificial actions. He is one cool dude.

And, you guys know that we know--our heads are above water because of your faithful prayers. I don't know how God does it, but He puts us on your hearts just when we need it. Thank you again for listening to Him, keeping up with Annie's changes, and for holding the scaffolding under us.

Jean

He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many. 2 Corinthians 1:10-11

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

You and Bill share the description of Jesus with skin on to me. I'm blessed to know you, to pray for you, and to try like heck to be like you "when I grow up".

xxxooogretchen

P.S. Outstanding that Annie had such a swell bike ride. Prayers for Jack.

Anonymous said...

Super news about the bike ride! Way to go, Annie! It is wonderful to be reading these great progress reports! She is getting there! Yay God. Yay Annie. Yay Bill and Jean! Yay Sullivan kids.

Sue Powell

uncle jeff said...

:)

Jean & Bill, you guys have always been my description and example of what a marriage should be,,,

that means a lot coming from me, actually:)

Glad to hear of Annie's bike riding adventure:) She sounds like me - jump in, hit the gas, and GOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Jean Sullivan said...

Thanks for the kudos you guys. And thanks for cheering Annie on!

Jean