Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Tomorrow is my favorite day--not counting Christmas and Easter and my birthday--of the whole year. I'm glad God has given me the gift of seven wonderful children, and that there's a day when I can celebrate being a mom and they can serve me. ;-) All kidding aside--each one is a blessing, and I'm thankful for each unique personality, and what they bring to our family and to their corners of the world.

A quick update--Annie is doing a bit better. I did give her more hydrocortisone yesterday--I'm thinking maybe her baseline dose may be higher than before. She perked up alot and isn't as gaggy--but still a little gaggy today. Last evening, she was sitting playing with her twirly toy that talks and sings, and when it giggled, she started laughing too--music to my ears! Her favorite noise was when the horse neighed--then she'd really have a chuckle. I love her laugh. Time for another video, huh?

Thanks again for your prayers--God is answering them.

Jean

Then our mouth was filled with laughter,
And our tongue with singing.
Then they said among the nations,
“The LORD has done great things for them.” Psalm 126:2

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to a Mom that I not only admire but am inspired by each day. Thank you for showing Christ in all situations. You represent God well and bring hope to so many!

Vickie

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Jean.

t

Anonymous said...

Jean... what a sweet Mother's Day gift to hear Annie's laughter. I remember back when you posted earlier how much you missed hearing that and longed for it. Yay God... rejoicing with you and praying for continued healing.

Sue Powell

Anonymous said...

A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity. It dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.

-- Agatha Christie (1890-1976), English novelist and playwright.

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. You are connected to your child and to all those who touch your lives. A mother always has to think twice: once of herself and once for her child.

-- Sophia Loren (1934- ), Italian motion-picture actor.

There never was a woman like her. She was gentle as a dove and brave as a lioness...

-- Andrew Jackson (1767-1845), seventh president of the United States (1829-1837).



t

Gretchen said...

Happy Day After Mothers Day, Jean.

Not only are you a great mom, but your mentorship is constant, whether you know it or not, simply by your actions and Jesus through you. xxxooogretchen

PS. I'm glad Annie is giggling more and that she's less gaggy. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day/Week/Year to y'all!
Hope your weather and spirits are summery!

Anonymous said...

Oh, good. A giggle for Mother's Day. I'm smiling with you over that!
Just peeking in...reminding you that I'm asking God for grace, patience, stamina, and Annie's continued healing.
love,
Beth