Thursday, January 8, 2009

VNS files

The neuro doctors met today to discuss Annie's candidacy for a Vagus Nerve Stimulator placement--an electrical "pacemaker" to control seizures. I guess she got voted in, because I got a call saying that they'll be scheduling her surgery soon. She continues to have little head drop seizures even with 3 seizure meds on board, so it's time to go to plan B. Or C.

We're also going back in next week to meet with the Rehab team to decide if/when Annie should go back inpatient for a couple of weeks of intensive rehab.

I would appreciate your prayers as we try to discern what to do, where to do, and when to do it. Managing her medical issues usually involves judgment calls--nothing is ever clear cut. We need wisdom!


If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. James 1:5


Gretchen said...

Lord, give us wisdom and grace. In Your name. Amen.

P.S. and BTW, I vote for OP rehab or home based rehab as intensely as you can get coverage for, Jean, unless they have a super good reason for wanting to do IP. Just my 2 cents. xxxooo

Sue Powell said...

You are in my prayers for wise decisions!

Annie Sullivan said...

Thanks, G & S...I do wish I could get home based rehab too...something more to pray about. I did hear from the scheduler, and she's on for the 22nd.


Gretchen said...

Hm...a VNS placement on the 22nd...something tells me this is a God thing. xxxooo

p.s. more pictures, please!