Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Heat Wave

I'm melting. Today is supposed to be the hottest day ever in Seattle. Woo-hoo. This heat needs to go to Oklahoma where it belongs. Where's my marine layer overcast drizzle??? Places where it's this hot in the summer have air conditioning in the homes--we only have heat, because it's usually cold and miserable here. Someone slap me the next time I complain about the rain.

Yesterday I was all prepared to take some good pictures of Annie in her hippotherapy, but they called and cancelled because the horses were out back sipping mint juleps behind the barn. So we spent most of the day driving around in the van that has air conditioning. Maybe today we'll go to the mall. Hopefully Annie won't have any seizures within running distance of screaming ladies.

Stay cool.

Jean

He bestows rain on the earth; he sends water upon the countryside. Job 5:10

7 comments:

Gretchen said...

Did somebody say mint julep? I don't even like them, but it's fun to say.

You haven't lost your funny bone, Jean. That's something. I think today is the worst of it...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures Jean! Hope you are having fun at the mall. We are sitting in front of the fan trying not to melt.

Tanya

pam said...

Jean, we have AC. Seriously, come over and get some relief if you need it. So far I have Molly, and Thelma, and .... 2 neighbors have been invited by have declined so far. I have tomorrow off, so if you need to, give me a call.

Jean said...

Gretchen: I haven't had a mint julep since the last time I ate at the Blue Bayou. I need to get a recipe & try one--tonight!

Tanya: Thanks--Olivia is the shutterbug at our house--she takes after her Grandma Ann.

Pam: Thank you so much! I may just give you a call tomorrow. ;)

Sue Powell said...

Love the new pix! Whew yah it is hot. I decided not to air con my condo because it never gets hot and I didn't want to give up a window; but after THIS week I just may reconsider, ha.

Jean said...

I agree, Sue--if this is a trend, even for next year, we're installing a/c. For us, the heat is an inconvenience, but for Annie, it's a seizure-trigger. Fortunately, we do have a room air conditioner that some kind person donated at the auction--what a blessing that has been, just to take the edge off. But it just took the temp down to the 80's, not even in the 70's, because the WHOLE house has been as hot as...Oklahoma.

Sue Powell said...

Oh for sure you need one for Annie! They are wonderful; I had one in my last apt. but didn't really need it here. But my condo has never gotten over 83 (and usually lower) even in this heat. Built into the side of a hill and nice shade trees! But YOU definitely need good air conditioning... you sure don't need a seizure-trigger!