Saturday, February 20, 2010

Loose Teeth Part 2

Last night Annie's front tooth didn't come out and find its way under her pillow. So this morning, I knew it was up to me to yank it out. So after everyone was up, and Annie had finished her g-tube breakfast, I gathered my tools: Kleenex, paper towels and a mirror. I asked around to see if anyone was interested in helping me. They all quickly found other things to do that involved getting in cars and driving miles away.

I was left to face Annie and her tooth alone. I went into the living room, and she looked up at me with her crooked little smile. I sat down behind her on the floor and we examined her tooth in the mirror together. I tried to assess the feasibility of my plan...yes, the tooth looked pretty loose, and this shouldn't be too hard, I thought as sweat beaded on my forehead. I grabbed a Kleenex with one hand and hugged her tight with the other, and in less than 15 seconds, the tooth was out. Mission accomplished.

Now tonight, I only have one problem. Her other front tooth is loose too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart!

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

You both are so brave! And *after* her g-tube breakfast. (I am so glad the tooth came out and breakfast didn't. LOL) Wow! Way to go!!!

Love,

Terri W

Gretchen said...

It's all glamour.

uncle jeff said...

ahhhhhh, ouwie :(

Aunt Rebecca said...

When Kate was in kindergarten and first grade, all her buddies would wait for "Katie's Mom" to get to the school ... for some reason, I was the tooth extractor for the whole class.


That was in the days before you had to wear gloves for everything, too!

Memories....

Did you get the other one out, yet? If not, I'll do in in July :-)