Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 3

Annie is getting into a groove of three practice meals a day. I put her in her Activity Chair, open one of her favorite books and begin to read. The catch is, I don't turn the page until she tastes, licks or otherwise touches whatever I put in front of her: a spoon, a spoon with a bit of yogurt, a chip, a veggie stick, a small carrot, or a slice of apple.

It goes like this: "Brown bear, brown bear, what do you see? I see a Red Bird looking at me. Brown Bear loves apple. Mmmm. Annie loves apple, too." Then I put the apple in front of her, and wait for her to lean forward to taste--which she does, most of the time. Anyway--she's doing well, and hopefully, soon, she'll be actually biting, chewing, eating and swallowing.

Meanwhile, you're praying, right?

Jean

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I am!! And I am very excited.

Love and prayers,

Terri W

Marilyn said...

Right!

Suzanna said...

you got it Jean, I'm praying for you guys!

pam said...

Right!

uncle jeff said...

yup

uncle jeff said...

yup