Monday, February 13, 2012

Missing my little pink Valentine

February 2011

I took this picture on February 18th--the day before we took Annie to the hospital last year. Remembering the events that happened through February and March of last year are hard. It is a constant discipline to stay focused on the future--heaven--and not keep ruminating on the "what ifs" of the past.

Also, if you think of it this weekend, please pray for me and five friends of mine who have lost children--we're getting together to share our stories, relax, pray and enjoy a couple of days with other moms who miss their kids. Some background: we all went to the same church years ago--and have recently reconnected through Facebook. Some of us haven't seen each other in over ten years, so we're looking forward to this reunion--and also the heavenly one to come.

Thanks for your prayers,

Jean

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

8 comments:

uncle jeff said...

Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.

Romans 12:15

Cindy said...

Prayers for good connection, for peace, comfort and healing for you all! And laughing too! Love you Jean!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all..........for rejoicing, and mourning (as it is a necessary element of healing), and the partial healing that the tincture of time brings, looking to that wonderful reunion.
Some friends from church lost their son to cystic fibrosis at the age of 16. I knew him well and loved him very much from my job. Years later I got to better acquainted with his parents when we coincidentally started attending the church they attend. For a while I could hardly talk to them without breaking down; because I loved their son so much. Finally one day I asked her how she was, telling her I knew that, while things get easier, one never 'gets over' losing a child. She told me that once all the big milestone ages had passed, high school graduation, college graduation, and marriage age that it got a great deal easier. I thought that made sense and I thought it might help.
I love you guys,
Terri W.
P.S. Take lots of tissues!

Kathy Day said...

Will be praying!
Happy Valentine's Day....

Jean said...

Thank you Jeff, Cindy, Terri & Kathy--I feel your prayers!

Gretchen said...

And why wouldn't you miss that precious face? I know we're bearing down on the one year anniversary of Annie's trip to Heaven. As you say, so hard to remain focused on the eternal. Praying that God will give you a sweet time with the other moms, and Himself this weekend. Think of you so often, Jean. xxxooo

Marilyn said...

Praying for you today~

Anonymous said...

Me, too.
Terri W