Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Tuesday, May 8th

Last night Bill and I were reviewing Annie's daily food/medicine logs, and saw that her throwing up problems seemed to begin when we increased the rate the food goes into her tummy through the food pump. So today, we lowered her rate, and gave her some medicine to make the food go through her gut faster, and voila! NO THROWING UP!!!! Hooray! Now, there were a few close calls today where she coughed or gagged--but she held it together. So, a major praise God for answering your prayers. Thank you Lord.

Now, there is another problem. Of course--you didn't think you'd get off this site without more things to pray about did you?? So, she's got this thing happening as of about a week ago. Atonic "head drop" seizures. Like, all of the sudden, her head drops. It's not a good thing. Please pray that they stop--and that if necessary, we find out what's causing them.

Today was pretty busy--three rehab appointments and a lunch date with Grandmommie & Poppie & Aunt Susie. We went out and walked around Mill Creek Town Center and had lunch outside in the sunshine.

Tomorrow is the big day for her rehab evaluation at Children's. Please pray for God to help us through the day--we have appointments from 9 AM - 1 PM. Annie will need stamina and peace as new people work with her. I appreciate you thinking and praying for us--it really is a comfort--and God will answer. I really want God's will to be done--I'm at peace with His leading.

I'll update this tomorrow night and let you know how everything went.

Jean

PS Please keep praying for no barfing.:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see the update this morning, Jean. I so much appreciate your letting us know specifically how to pray! I have Annie's "princess" picture posted on my cubicle wall at work by the doorway so every time I go out (which is many times a day) or look over that direction I am reminded to say another quick prayer for Annie and all of you! Praying especially for the tests tomorrow!!

Sue Powell

Anonymous said...

Dear God - I know you are with Annie right now, helping her get through her rehab evaluation. I pray that you would give her the boost(s) she need every step of the way; and that the evaluating team would report much evidence of progress and potential!!!
Please help Bill and Jean and the entire family to hope in you...the hope is founded on faith and confidence that our God is THE AWESOME GOD.
AMEN

Gretchen said...

Thank you for another awesome prayer, Rebecca. Amen. Lord, I thank you for Annie, and I ask that you would continue to love and minister to her body. I especially ask that you would take those "head drop" seizures away and keep her tummy comfortable so she can receive the proper nutrition from her food. You are the Alpha and Omega. You are amazing. Thank you for your saving grace. In Jesus' name. Amen.