Saturday, March 21, 2009

It's Finally Spring!

Has this been the longest winter ever or what? And today, the 2nd official day of spring, it's a balmy 34 degrees outside--with a nice layer of ice on my van windshield.

And speaking of vans, I have a couple of prayer requests. We need some clear direction as to when and whether to buy a wheelchair van for Annie. She's about 47 lbs. now, and lifting her in and out of the van isn't impossible...AND, if she continues to progress to walking and being able to stand and help get in and out of car, it's possible we'd never need a wheelchair van. Wouldn't that be cool? But for now, she is big, and my back is old. So should we get a wheelchair van or ??

We also need some direction regarding our house--we live in a split-level...should we move to a house with all the living space on one level, and Annie's bedroom on the first floor? These are practical issues of everyday life that we are trying to make decisions about. And in our new economy, these decisions are even more challenging. Anyway--you were looking for new things to pray about, so let me help you out. ;)

Meanwhile, if it's warm in your neighborhood today, go out and enjoy the spring flowers!

Jean

The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month. ~Henry Van Dyke

7 comments:

Gretchen said...

I'll be happy to pray about this, Jean. I'll say again how incredibly blessed this child is to have you and Bill "and the rest" on Sullivan's Island. Sorry, couldn't resist the TV song flowing in my brain. The love you feel for her and each other is palpable, and I believe, healing. God is good.

Anonymous said...

These are certainly very understandable prayer requests, Jean... tough decisions! I will be praying for God's leadership AND for His fulfilling the needs in whatever direction He leads you!

Anonymous said...

We are sending our prayers your way and adding prayers for one 'worry free' day for you and yours!

Tanya W.

AZ SMITHS said...

You don't know me, but I found your blog when I was researching seizures and nausea. I have an 11 year old with epilepsy and about a year and a half ago she was having seizures every night and always threw up after. It happened again this week. I just wondered if your daughter was still having problems with that. We found a product called Reliv that helped out a lot (not as much with seizures but more with the nausea and cognitive problems. Anyway, feel free to contact me.

Andrea Smith
jason-andreasmith.blogspot.com
smithjna@juno.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea--thanks for posting. :) So far, Annie's throwing up episodes are not directly connected with seizures as far as I can tell. But I'm going to look up Reliv and see if it would help Annie.

Anonymous said...

Oops...that anonymous person was me. :)

Anonymous said...

Jean, we sort of suspected that it was you. :)